This is an excellent beef jerky recipe I have worked on for a long time to perfect. That great salty taste of beef jerky along with a slight spiciness and the occasional hot hit.
Jalapeno Roulette Beef Jerky
This is the best beef jerky ever, I have worked on this recipe for a few years and finally gotten it settled into a recipe that produces the same excellent jerky time after time. The salty taste is offset by the slight spiciness and the occasional hot hit from the jalapeno peppers included. If you want to avoid the spiceness leave out the jalepenos.
- 500 gr Round Steak make sure it has as little marbling as possible
- 1 cup Soy Sauce use any soy sauce you like I use the cheap no-name stuff
- 1/2 cup Red Wine Use cheep red wine
- 1/4 cup Red Wine Vinagar
- 2 tsp Balsmic Vinagar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Ground Black Pepper
- 1 tsp Dried Jalapeno Pepper more if you like it spicey
- 1/8 tsp Tobasco Sauce Add to taste
- 1/4 to 1 tsp Red Pepper Flakes this adds a bit more spice
- 1/4 tsp Liquid Smoke can be up to 1/2 tsp depends on how smokey you like
- 1 tsp Maple Syrup
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- 2 Tbsp Dried Flaked Onions
- 1/2 tsp Lemmon Pepper
- 1 tsp Honey
Preparing the Marinade
- Mix all ingredients into a bowl and set aside.
Preparing the Meat
- Let the steak warm a bit while you prepare the marinade
- Slice the steak thin and go across the grain when ever possible
- place all the meat into the marinade and mix well
- Cover and Place in fridge for min 24hrs up to 48 hrs
- Place all meat on dehydration rack and set temp to 148 deg to 160 deg and dry for 12 to 20 hrs until it hits the dryness you prefer.
- If you do not have a dehydrator you can do this in an oven set to 150 deg just place the meat on a drying rack that is on a cookie tray to catch the dripping juice.
- Pack into jars or smal zipliock bags. You can also vacume seal for storage for upto 6mo to a year if done right but, if like my house chances are it won't last too long.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!